Over the weekend, Pokémon GO had overtaken most of our lives. Literally, everyone everywhere is looking at their phones while walking, some driving or riding a bike in hopes to catch Pokémon.
Before I go into the details, there’re 3 things to take note of when you are playing Pokémon GO – Time, Money and Experience Points (XP). Between Time, Money and XP, pick two and personally for me after Ingress I’ll choose Time & XP, I’ll sacrifice money.
Hence, below are the methods which will help you to level up using PokeCoins and if you are not keen to spend, the methods will still apply but you may require more time to do so. This post will not cover the basics of the game, I assume by reading this you have some experience with the game if you are unsure of any terms used you can leave a comment or google it there’s plenty of articles which may guide you on the basics.
To level up fast, check into as many PokéStop as possible and evolve as many Pokémon as possible. Forget about conquering gyms if you are below Level 20.
Method 1: Checking into as many PokéStop as possible.
Each PokéStop will give you 50XP. Here’re the calculations,
Average per PokéStop gives you 50XP if you checking into 25 PokéStop you’ll get 1,250XP.
To level up fast, head to Damansara Uptown (DU) and drive or walk in circles to check into PokéStops. 1 round in DU will give you about 1,250XP so if you round 8 times, you’ll get 10,000XP and with a Lucky Egg, your XP is X2. This is provided if you don’t stop halfway to catch Pokémon if you are using this method your main focus is to check into PokéStop unless a wild one appeared. This method is used by Ingress Agents (the first game developed by Niantic before Pokémon GO) during a farming session in DU.
Things to note:
- Your items will be full after a few rounds in DU, so delete some Poké Balls, potion and revive. You should keep a handful amount of Poké Balls unless you have the Great Ball or Ultra Ball. Don’t worry about the wastage as you will get them back when you continue spinning the PokéStop. If you have coins, spend on bag upgrade.
- Purchase Lucky Egg, each Lucky Egg gives you 30 minutes window time to double up your XP. You’ll also earn Lucky Egg as you level up.
- As you drive around under 37km/h you’ll also hatch eggs. To hatch them fast, purchase egg incubator or get it by checking into a PokéStop. Hatching eggs will give you XP.
- This method requires you to move around, burn fuel and a confirmed method of gaining XP in the shortest period of time.
You may ask where can you find other areas with lots of PokéStop apart from Damansara Uptown? Read more about the highest density of PokéStop, here. The other areas, may not be possible to drive so you may have to walk.
Method 2: Catch as many Pokémon as possible and evolve them
This method is best for trainers who enjoy camping at a PokéStop and using lure module. Catch as many Pokémon as possible, transfer the lower CP level to the Professor to get candy to evolve your Pokémon.
Once you have obtained sufficient candy, use a Lucky Egg and evolve as many Pokémon within 30 minutes. Your XP will double up.
Things to note:
- Create lure party if you have coins or join them. At high-density PokéStop areas you’ll notice lure are activated everywhere, just camp there to catch Pokémon.
- Practice your PokéBall throwing skills, if you can get these bonus you’ll earn extra XP Great Throw (50 XP), Nice Throw (10XP), Curve Ball (10XP).
- You should rotate your camping location as Pokémon sprung at different locations.
- Alternatively, if you are walking around in the mall or park you can use incense to attract Pokémon.
- Evolve all the Pidgey, Rattata and Zubat.
- I don’t encourage conquering gyms if you are below Lvl 20, so work hard in levelling to catch higher CP Pokémon.
- Transfer low-level CP Pokémon to the Professor, get all the candy as you’ll need them later on.
- If you need coins, you’ll earn them by conquering a gym for more than 24 hours, this is tough for high-density areas as gyms change team every few minutes, suggest you find a place fewer people will travel to.
Hotlink x Grab is having a promo to catch ‘em all faster with their PokeMobile!
If you are not connected to any Pokémon GO group chats yet, join us on Telegram with over 1.8K trainers and get the latest updates on Pokémon GO in Malaysia by joining the official community here. Before I sign off, please be aware of your surrounding at all times, GO Catch ‘Em All!