Most of us would have some degree of concerns on our eye area, it could be due to lack of sleep as 24 hours a day is so limited, poor diet or lack of knowledge on taking care of delicate areas around the eyes. I will be addressing some of the issues and remedy for dark circles, puffy eyes and wrinkles through Caudalie’s Eye Workshop, which I’ve attended a few weeks ago.
This is my very first encounter with Caudalie, it is pronounced as ‘coh-dah-lee’, a French brand from Bordeaux, founded by a couple Mathilde and Bertrand in 1993. Caudalie uses grape-seeds, grapevine sap and grapevine stalks in its product and exclusive patents. Caudalie is a natural brand with zero parabens, phenoxyethanol, phthalates, mineral oils and against animal testing.
Caudalie is also known for it’s luxurious spas and the creator of vinotherapie® since 1999.
Vinotherapie® is the use of natural hot spring water – rich in mineral and oligo elements – combined with the most recent scientific discoveries of the benefits of grape and grapevine extracts. Their spa award includes Les Sources De Caudalie, The Plaza New York and Marques De Riscal …Read more.
It was a privilege to have Mr.Hubert, Caudalie’s Head of Trainer with us on this workshop. He had shared some quick facts about our eyes and remedy or tips for dark circles, puffy eyes and wrinkles through an introduction to Caudalie’s eye care products.
Main concerns includes puffy eyes, dark circles, fine line and wrinkles and droopy eye lids.
- Our eyes do not need any rest to function. When resting our eyelids by closing them, our eyes are still function, as it needs no rest. Our eyes are the only part of our body that has the ability to function 100% without any rest!
- An average person blinks about 12 times per minute, and up to 10,000 blinks a day, the eye muscles are the most active.
- The skin around our eye area is 10 times thinner compared to any area of our face. Therefore, it is extremely delicate, which means fine lines and wrinkles form faster around the eyes. Not to mention, daily eye make up, eye removing and rubbing eyes pulls and strain the delicate area, exposing to a higher chance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Remedy for dark circles, puffy eyes and wrinkles with Caudalie’s Eye Care:-
PULPE VITAMNEE Eye and Lip Care
Anti-dark circles and anti-wrinkles, for dark circles under the eyes and tired eyes.
Targeted anti-fatigue treatment: this anti-oxident rich cream reduces puffiness, lightens dark circles and smooths away wrinkles. Also ideal for protecting and preventing fine lines and wrinkles around the lip contour. Fragrance-free. Ophthalmologist tested.
Apply morning and evening, lightly dotting small amounts from the inside to the outside of the eye.
VINOSOURCE S.O.S Morning Eye Rescue
Soothing Decongesting, for sensitive eyes with dehydrated skin.
A gentle eye cream to quench and soothe the delicate eye area. Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin. Leaves eye contours looking rested, fresh and naturally glowing. Organic Grape Water continuously hydrates and White Tea Extract provides gentle de-puffing action. Anti-oxidant rich grape Polyphenols protect against fine lines and wrinkles. Fragrance-free. Oil-free. Ophthalmologist tested.
VINEXPERT Eye and Lip Serum
Anti-chronic puffiness and Eyelid firming, for puffy eyes and dropping eyelids.
Suitable for all types of skin. Upon application, this treatment reduces puffiness, tightens, and diminishes fine lines around the eye contour and lip area. Day after day, skin is firmer, wrinkles are smoothed and chronic puffiness is reduced. Tested for use on the eyelids and lip line area. Fragrance-free. Hypoallergenic. Ophthalmologist tested. Apply morning and evening, to eye contour and lip area.
Mr.Hubert also taught us some ways to apply eye cream with the proper technique on massaging around our eye areas, so that the cream will penetrate into the inner layer of our skin while it’s a good way of relaxation after a long day.
- Start with gently tapping eye cream from outwards to inwards under the eye with your ring finger.
- Move on to the eye brows, moving gently from inward to outward, pressing and squeezing slightly with your thumb and index finger.
- Proceed on to crows feet (side of the eyes), massage with middle fingers in circular motions (about 3 circles).
- Lastly, gently continue on with your middle fingers, pressing inwards under your eyes to the nose bridge.
Tip: Always use your ring finger when applying eye cream as they are the most delicate, with less strength hence, it will not pull our fragile skin around the eye area.
It was a great workshop, apart from the amazing eye products (wish I had the chance to get one to try, soon probably), I purchased the Eau De Raisin (Grape Water) face mist. It’s my favourite item now as it kept my face hydrated all day long, especially during my Taiwan trip plus, a great way to freshen up yourself after long hours of facing in front of the computer.
Caudalie products are available at KensApothecary in Bangsar Village II and a kiosk located beside Aesop. Visit www.kensapothecary.com.my for more information or shop online and enjoy free delivery with orders above RM 100 within Malaysia.
* This event/workshop is a special invite extended by The Lilac Box.
The Lilac Box is a monthly beauty box, designed specially for Beauty Lovers to discover premium beauty and cosmetic products. Go on a Blind Date in a Box, visit www.thelilacbox.com for more information or stay updated on The Lilac Box Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/thelilacbox).