Last month, I was invited along with a group of beauty editors to join TheFaceShop over lunch at Xenri D’Garden Terrance Japanese restaurant. We were introduced to the CHIA SEED range, an innovative natural skin are set that brings superb moisture to your skin.
What is Chia Seed?
Chia Seed is a species of flowering plant in the mint family. Native to central and southern Mexico and Guatemala, it’s nutritious seed provides calcium and protein to body tissues. Also rich in boron, the seed helps the body assimilate and use up calcium. The Chia Seed soak up ten times its weight in water. When applied or consumed, the seed can help you stay hydrated longer!
Introducing, the CHIA SEED range by TheFaceShop,
- Boosting Essence (80ml | RM 109), face cleanser which quench your skin’s thirst.
- Watery Toner (145ml | RM 79.90), hydrating inside the skin with organically grown chia seeds.
- Soothing Mist Toner (170ml | RM 69.90), a mist-type toner for quick soothing and moisture recharge with fine moisture drops.
- Watery Lotion (125ml | RM 89.90), moisturizing lotion that improves suppleness and moisturizer the skin a degree higher with nutrients in organic chia seeds.
- Moisture-Holding Seed Essence (50ml | RM 109.90), moisturizing essence with moisture jelly capsules obtaining condensed organic chia seeds for crystal clear and moisturizer skin appearance.
- Watery Eyes & Spot Essence (30ml | RM 89.90), remove dark circles and hydrate the skin.
- Moisturizing-Holding Seed Cream (50ml | RM 99.90), a moisturizing cream with freshly germinated chia seeds in water drops fully hydrate the skin appearance.
Here are some chia seeds, this is the raw product, they are quite tiny.
By turning these raw product, TheFaceShop had made 5 promises; contains 100% chia seed extracts instead of water, uses organic chia seed manufactured via fresh extraction within 24 hours, a moisture hug system, formula without 7 additives and dermatology tested.
A test was conducted live during the launch, to test how quickly these chia seed can absorb moisture.
From the picture above there are two shot glass filled with equal amount of chia seed. “Before” adding water and “After” adding water, within a short span of 10 minutes, we could see the difference. After being soaked in water, chia seed brings out more than 10 times its original moisture amount. The texture of these soaked chia seeds are as soft as jelly.
During the launch, while waiting for our lunch to be served, I had the opportunity to try out a few key products from the CHIA SEED range.
I particularly liked the Soothing Mist Toner, it’s refreshing with a relaxing scent. It’s perfect for on-the-go, with just one or two sprays it’s evenly distributed on the face.
The second favorite item would be Moisture-Holding Seed Cream, moisturizer in cream based for some products are thick however, for this one it’s extremely light comparing to other hydration cream I’ve tried and the scent of Chia Seeds helps you to relax. For hydration, it worked alright for me as my hands are not very dry, the level of moisture was sufficient. After massaging the cream onto the skin, the surface of my hands were smoother with glowing skin.
The event product presentation was done by Ms Sunny Kim, Beauty Trainer from TheFaceShop Korea while Mr. S. J. Ong, GM of TheFaceShop Malaysia gave a welcome address.
My set lunch, Grilled Salmon with Butter Soya Sauce with garlic rice.
To end the event, Japanese desserts was served, Mochi and Ocha ice cream with red bean.